We’re hosting Colourwork 101 with Kim McBrien of Indigodragonfly!
Date: February 18th
Time: 11am to 2pm
Registration Fee: $60
Pre-registration is required for all classes: Call 705-740-0667, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us in store. There are only six spots available, so register sooner rather than later!
In this class, you will learn basic stranded colour work. We will cover techniques for knitting with even gauge, colour dominance, managing 2 strands of yarn at once, locking floats and more!
A small “cup cozy” pattern will be provided. If you have another colour work project you’d like to work on, please feel free to bring the pattern and the yarn for the pattern to class.
**Note: Projects may be started in class, but will not be finished.
Bring or buy:
- Yarn for your project, as well as needles needed for your project
- Cup cozy yarn/needle requirements – approximately 25 g each of 2 contrasting colours of yarn. DK weight yarn is recommended, along with 3.75 mm needles (your preferred needles for working in the round: DPNs, magic loop or 2 circulars)
- If you choose a different project (please see list of suggestions below as examples of appropriate “first colour work” projects), please bring the pattern, yarn and needles required.
- pen/pencil/eraser and notebook
- knitting kit (scissors, stitch markers, tape measure, etc.)
Some pattern suggestions for this class:
- Campbell Glen (Kate Atherley)
- Fiddlehead Mitts (Adrian Bizilla)
- Halftone Cowl (SMINE)
- Flying Geese Cowl (Mary Jane Mucklestone)
- Swedish Fish Mitts/Fingerless Mitts (Spilly Jane)