2018 is here and the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang begin this Friday! To celebrate the Winter Olympics and help you get a jump start on your 2018 knitting goals our shop will be hosting a Ravelympics during the two weeks of the Olympic Games.
Here’s how it will work:
- There will be a kick off cast-on party during the opening ceremonies of the games at Riley's Pub on Feb 9th starting at 8:30pm. Bring your needles and your yarn and cast on with everyone! We will spring for some nibbles to share. ** CBC made an error in timing and the ceremony is actually in the morning, but don't worry, we're going to stream it and watch together!
You must cast on and finish your project during the games
- Finished means completely knit and blocked, for larger items such as sweaters seaming need not be finished
- The games officially run from Feb 9th to the 25th and winners will be randomly drawn
There are two ways to enter:
- Drop into the store by February 25th with your finished project and Ravelry project post
- Tag us on Instagram @needlesinthehay and use our hashtags: #wallofwool, #ravelympics, and #sweatershop
We have three prizes you can win!
- Gold – Fibre Co.
- Silver – Brooklyn Tweed
- Bronze – Indigo Dragonfly
The best part is you can knit whatever you want during the games! Indulge yourself in some great knitting while supporting our country at the Winter Olympics. Come visit us this week to get your projects set up! If you'd like to play knit roulette, we will also be bringing some kits to Riley that can be purchased on the spot with credit card.
For your knitting convenience, we have curated a list of patterns we think the average knitter could reasonably complete during the games with a little dedication.
Baby Jane - cabley cap in luxurious Arranmore Light
All projects started and completed during the games will be eligible to be entered into our draw for one of three prizes! One entry per person.
Hope you can join us for a crazy fun time!